NDI Professional Volunteer Corps
NDI Professional Volunteer Corps is a volunteer service program for licensed health care providers who wish to work in service in underserved areas. NDI volunteers not only gives licensed health care professionals the chance to share their gift with underserved populations, but gives the provider an opportunity to expand his or her service life, work with other social health activists working in global health, and the opportunity to deliver care in low resource countries. Volunteering in a developing country is challenging emotionally, physically & mentally, and offers great personal and professional rewards. APPLY today for a 15-month full-time volunteer postion
Basic requirements for annual placement of NDI naturopathic physicians:
- Availability for a minimum of 15 months (if you would like to serve for less time, please consider applying to our Professional Corps Short Term Internship or taking a CE certified Global Health Course)
- A current naturopathic medical license to practice medicine in the USA (note: NDI will help Canadian NDs obtain a USA license - the Ministry of Health in Nicaragua will not accept registrations.)
- All other professions: Contact NDI directly for information.
- Spanish - intermediate conversational spanish required - (full time doctors conduct all consultations in spanish and will be required to take a placement test during the application process).
- Relevant travel or work outside the United States
- Read the NDI 1-Year Physician Job Description for full details
- Attend a 10-day NDI Global Health Course in Nicaragua prior to service (may be waived in special circumstances)
- HOLD AN ACTIVE LICENSE IN YOUR FIELD OF MEDICINE. If you do not have a license, you can apply to our Internship Program. If your field does not license, but you hold some form of registration, your eligibility will be determined by our review process.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.